Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!!!


What the heck, 2012.
 
This year I finished my first year of higher education, finished off my teenage years, said goodbye to friends and family and shipped off to Las Vegas to teach people about the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ, and castrated several farm animals. This has been a full year if I've ever had one. I can't believe that it's already New Years Eve, and that tomorrow will be the first day of 2013. I'm dedicating the entire year to serving my Lord; every hour will be spent in His service. I'm extremely grateful for the opportunity I have to consecrate and set apart an entire YEAR to doing nothing but forwarding the work and building His kingdom. It's been an amazing ride thus far and I'm only about a quarter of the way through.
 
Elder Craft and I had a wonderful Christmas, all due to the Leavitt family. They were incredibly nice and hospitable, making us feel like we were part of the family on such a family-oriented holiday. Calling/Skyping home was great; it was wonderful to be able to talk face-to-face (persay) to those I care about the most. Plus, it was nice to actually see my dog move on Skype and get some confirmation that he's still alive and not stuffed by the fireplace. Christmas Eve and Christmas were non-proselyting days, meaning we didn't go out and make visits or contact people all day. New Years Eve and New Years Day are the same way, actually, so we'll be staring at the wall again today trying to find a use for all the free time we're not used to having.

We've been striking out a lot at doors and contacting referrals; while some are nicer than usual due to the holiday season, some are more stand-offish, feeling like we are intruding upon sacred family time during this part of the year. That's understandable, and we kind of have to bide our time until the New Year with a lot of missionary work. There's two people who agreed to take the missionary lessons after New Years, which we are looking forward too. Hopefully as soon as 2013 kicks in, the teaching opportunities start to roll in. We're keeping our hopes up and doing everything we can.
 
I hope this next year is even half as good as this one was!
 
Love,
Jesse



Don't get to see many Ford GT's in the church parking lot

No comments:

Post a Comment