Monday, February 25, 2013

Traaaaansfers



Well, I got a call on Thursday from President Black, and he asked me if I would like to train a new missionary. Of course, I said I'd love to and I'd do my best. Almost immediately after hanging up, I could feel the responsibility on my shoulders. I'm going to meet my new companion tonight around 5:00, and he's going to be as green as they come; right off of the plane. I'm really excited about it all, and I have a really good feeling about this next transfer. I'm looking forward to tapping into that "greenie fire" that new missionaries carry; they're always excited to work and work hard. I attended a meeting on Friday where they train the trainers, and I think it was then I started to acknowledge the import of these next twelve weeks. I was there with MY trainer, Elder Millar, who will also be training (I'm going to have a brother!), and it got me looking back upon my experience with him. I learned so much from him and am grateful for his example, and I'm almost afraid to think about how influential those first twelve weeks were with him. We grew close and he taught me how to be an effective missionary, never talking down to me or making me feel inadequate; he gave me opportunities to teach and let me make mistakes so I could learn from them. For the next three months, I will have the opportunity to make a similar impact on my new companion. I want it to be as positive and effective as possible, and I'm way pumped for it all.

All of our lessons cancelled on us this week, which is always a bummer. We're probably going to have to move Manny's baptism back a week or two due to the delay in lessons. I have a feeling, though, that these lessons were cancelled/didn't come to fruition so my new companion could have the opportunity to teach them. I have a testimony of "the right missionary at the right time" deal, and I can't wait to see what great things have been waiting for my companion and I as we start this ministry together. I'll be staying in this ward for the next three months, which will make six months in this area, so don't expect to be hearing about moving around any time soon. Thanks for all of the emails and know that I'm praying for you!

Love,

Jesse


Train the Trainers Meeting


Tule Springs Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment