Monday, March 24, 2014

Leadership Training last week

Hey guys!

It's been a good week spent with some good Elders. We started the week in Tule Springs, then Elkhorn Springs, had a day to plan for Leadership Training Meeting, had LTM the next day (9:00am to 4:00pm meeting...killer), then finished out the week in Red Rock and at church. So many missionaries impressed me this week, and due to their faith, we had a lot of cool experiences.

I'm really glad Leadership Training is over with haha. Elder Tunney and I had to present a training on doing effective exchanges and we were stressing all week about it; it's been a long time since we've had to give a training, let alone a training together. Thanks heavens it went over pretty well with the mission - we got some good feedback on it afterwards. The entire experience just reaffirmed to me the fact that I'm so much happier with the daily mission grind. I'd much rather wake up and work all day than have to plan and give a training in front of 100+ missionaries. Sombody else can do that; I'll take notes. 

We did a lot of contacting people on the street this week, and in a couple of interactions, I was pretty straightforward with some people, saying what (I'd like to think) the Spirit would have me say. Walking away from a few interactions, several missionaries have asked, "How did you learn to be so bold?". I really haven't been any more bold, but I've definitely been more honest with people; there's a big difference there. Bold can come off as overbearing, but honesty carries the Spirit. Being increasingly aware of the passing days as of late, I've come to the conclusion that I don't have time to dance around subjects with people anymore. They need to know and understand exactly who I represent and why I interrupt their day with my message. The quicker I can get them to feel the Spirit, the more likely they will keep talking to me. The best (only) way to effectively bring the Spirit is to speak truth, and so I'll give them truth, even if it's not what they want to hear. Coming in contact with God can be unpleasant when the way you're living isn't in harmony with how He'd like you to be, but the truth remains. Such a cool job, really; raising a voice of warning, spreading the good news, inviting people to repent. Ezekiel 33:1-6 explains the job of a watchman, and I'm doing the best that I can to "blow the trumpet".

Love you all so much!
Jesse
 
3 meat combo at the John Mull's Roadkill Grill
 

No comments:

Post a Comment