Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Happy Mother's Day Momma

What a great weekend!

Being able to Skype (isn't it weird how "skype" is now a verb?) and talk to the three of you was so great; I swear, you look happier and healthier every time we talk. Things are going so good with me gone, I should probably ask for an extension (for the family's sake). I have to tell you, I laughed the hardest yesterday than I have my entire mission so far...my stomach is still a little bit sore. Thanks for being my inspiration and my support. I'm excited to eventually model my own family after the wonderful one I've had the privilege of growing up in.


This week was spent checking on some potentials and trying to help them progress in their desire to know the truth. It's been really neat to come in contact with a lot of people who just honestly wants to know what's out there. I've been thinking a lot about the plan that God has laid out for us, the plan that He's given us to be able to return and live with him, and how so many people need to know this plan. A woman was talking about a funeral she attended (she's Jamaican, so the funeral was, naturally, in Jamaica) and how everybody there was grieving and mourning so intensely; falling on the ground and weeping. She said they wear badges with the persons face on it that says "Gone Forever, but Never Forgotten". It made me so grateful for the knowledge that I have, the knowledge that we WILL get to see those we love when they pass away, that we WILL get to live with our families for the rest of eternity. This life is but a probationary period, and it's so comforting to know that there's something after all of this, something better, something more. I love what I'm doing and I love what I'm teaching. Above all, I love what I know to be true. And I happen to know that this gospel is true.


Today ought to be fun; we're hiking Mt. Charleston today for p-day. I'll have some pictures next week!

I love you guys, thanks for yesterday (and happy mothers day, again!)

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment