Monday, July 14, 2014

I leave you with my testimony...

Well, it's here!

The week finished up quietly and so did I; I tried to leave the ward and the zone with as little fanfare as possible. Whenever I would stress or worry, I'd receive a gentle reminder from the Lord that the work is going to move along just fine without me. I let Palmer and Osburn take over on Sunday and it was as if I wasn't even there - they don't need me and I'm proud of them. While it all feels so natural, it feels alien as well - it feels like I'm just going to get transferred again. 

When you finish up a lesson, a conversation, or a commitment, you bear testimony to seal it. I'll close this blog with a testimony as well, to everyone who reads it:

Jesus Christ is the Son of God. It's only through Him that we can find happiness - real, lasting happiness. He came to Earth and was the perfect example - He showed us how to live, how to love, and how to interact with each other. He paid our debt, taking upon himself every sin as well as every pain and sickness that the children of men would ever experience. He died, and three days later He rose from the grave, defeating death and giving all men the privilege of living again. He lives today. He loves us all and knows us individually.

His church is found in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. God the Father and Jesus Christ appeared to the boy Joseph Smith and called him to be a prophet in the early 1800's, re-establishing the original church of Jesus Christ again upon the Earth. It's only within this church that the ordinances of salvation can be performed by men who have authority from God to do so. 

Because of these simple truths, I can live together with my family in Heaven forever. The knowledge of a loving God and a loving Savior has helped me understand my self-worth and why things are how they are.

I know this. God is our Father and He doesn't want us to be confused; I asked for guidance and understanding and He gave it to me. This is real, the only real thing in a world that worships fantasy. I would encourage all to ask God if these things are true. He'll show you, if you want to know.

What a ride. 
I love you, and I'll speak to you very, very soon.

Jesse
 
Leaving Las Vegas...for a while...
 

2 comments:

  1. Elder Dowdle, you were an amazing missionary! Come back to visit soon and always keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home Elder Dowdle! I have loved following your blog and reading about what and how the mission is doing. You have had some incredible experiences! You have been a wonderful missionary giving all you have to your mission. You have also been a great leader....one that was looked up to by the other missionaries. Your experiences will be a great foundation for service in the church throughout your entire life.
    We are thankful for the opportunity that we had to serve with you. We wish you the best as you come home and open a new chapter in your book of life. When you have a minute drop us a note, we would love to hear from you. Love, Sister Black. Are you coming back to the U?

    ReplyDelete